The Board of Governors is looking to appoint an self motivated and inspirational Headteacher to build on recent achievements and bring their own fresh ideas to take our school forward.
St John’s Meads is a popular, oversubscribed, one-form entry, Voluntary Aided Primary School situated in Meads village, on the western edge of Eastbourne where the South Downs National Park meets the sea. In June 2016, OFSTED rated the school as good and at the recent SIAMS inspection in April 2017 it was rated outstanding. There is a strong Christian ethos evidenced through our ‘Rainbow Vision’ which underpins our caring and inclusive environment, where children are happy, safe and secure and thrive in everything they do.
Our new Headteacher will have:
- The best interests of the children at the heart of all their decisions
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills
- A proven track record of school improvement and raising standards
- The ability to build on success and manage change
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire the staff team
- The ability to form excellent relationships with children, parents, and local community
- Empathy, good humour and resilience
- A genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of the school
In return we can offer you:
- A caring community of children who are courteous, welcoming, enthusiastic, eager to learn and proud of their school
- A staff team who are keen to continue the development of their skills and competencies
- Supportive parents who assist across the school through volunteering and raising funds
- Experienced and supportive governors who are committed to excellence and school improvement
- A place where Christian values are embedded in school practice
- Strong links with our local Church and Diocese
- A fantastic location near the sea and the South Downs with opportunities for beach and forest schools
Please look at our short video for a glimpse of our school community and the qualities we’re looking for in our Headteacher:
You are encouraged and warmly invited to visit St John’s Meads Primary School, prior to submitting an application. The Chair of Governors would be delighted to meet you and show you round so that you can see the school in action and have an opportunity to ask any questions.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 5 March 2018