Caretaker Grade 6 (SS14-16)
Part-time, 27 hours per week
Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd April 2019 at midday
Interview Date: 8th/9th April 2019
We are looking for a friendly and capable individual with practical skills to join our team. You will be responsible for identifying and undertaking tasks to ensure that our site and building are maintained and improved, in order to provide the best possible learning environment and facilities for our staff and children.
St John’s Meads CE Primary School is a one form entry school with a distinct Christian ethos. We have enthusiastic children, hard-working staff, committed governors and supportive parents and carers. There are strong links with our local Church and community.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has a clear understanding of the needs of a school
- Can integrate well into a community and team
- Will take pride in their role within the school
- Can prioritise their own workload and respond to unexpected needs
- Can manage and oversee the work of others
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has qualifications/experience of carrying out specialist building maintenance works in one or more areas e.g. carpentry, plastering, plumbing, electricity etc.
- Can support and contribute to the Christian ethos of our school
In return we can offer:
- A friendly working environment
- Opportunities for professional development, training and support
- Supportive colleagues and well-behaved children
- A semi-rural community setting close to the seafront and Downs
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office on 01323 730255 to make an appointment. We look forward to showing you around our lovely school.
Please return your completed application pack to: firstname.lastname@example.org