Dear Parents and Carers,
Thank you to all those who came forward to offer their support to the Friends to help us continue as a charitable organisation. Charlotte Rivett (Ruby YR and Freddie Y3) and Lydia Verity (Theodore, Felix YR, Niamh Y2), have kindly agreed to take up the post of interim Chair as a shared role. Voting for all positions opens again at our next AGM in October, after the 2021 intake.
The Friends is a charitable organisation run entirely by volunteers,
- All parents are welcomed and wanted.
- All parents have skills that can help – you will be amazed at what you can do!
- We’re grateful for any time you can contribute – even if it’s only 20 minutes a year.
Want to get involved?
- Do you run a business? Help us to help you by taking part in an advertising or sponsorship opportunity. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Join our fundraising opportunities such as amazon smile and easy fundraising listed here stjohnsmeadsfmsa.wixsite.com/friends
and here www.facebook.com/FriendsofStJohnsMeadsPrimary
- Interested in volunteering. Please talk to an existing Class Rep’ or a Friends Committee member. Or contact us via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles within the Friends organisation
Types of jobs: 20 mins on a stall, help setting up, send in ideas, bake cakes, DJ, lend out items, or make things.
Ideally 3 per class to share role. Key jobs: To answer parent questions involving the Friends. Send out Friend’s information to parents via WhatsApp. Feedback ideas, join Friend’s discussions and assist at events where able.
|As of Sept 2021/2022|
|Year 1||Lydia V & Charlotte R|
|Year 2||Helen T & Jo A|
|Year 3||Emma P & Lydia V|
|Year 4||Amanda W, Tracy M & Jo|
|Year 5||Emma P, Marika & Becca|